So I was nominated for a Lobster award for the second time by the awesome, Courtney, so I decided why not do a 2.0? Her blog is Paperback Beaches and it was nice to be nominated from another bookie from Jersey. If you don’t already, check her out if you are into books and reviews!
Okay so here are the questions I received:
1. What was the worst book you ever read or stopped reading?
I used to have this thing where I had to finish the book I was reading regardless of how much I loathed it. BUT I decided I shouldn’t waste my time with books that are so awful. My Poppop gave me a book whose name I have forgotten from a local author, and it was so bad. The first three pages was a conversation between parents and a counselor about what a lovely conversation they were about to have. They weren’t even HAVING the conversation, they were conversing and rejoicing in the fact that they were ABOUT TO have a lovely conversation. It ‘bout made my eyes melt.
2. What kid’s movie, where you scared of as a child, but like now?
I didn’t really watch anything that scared me. I don’t like horror movies. I can’t think of anything that I was afraid of that I would like now anyway because it probably still gives me the creeps.
3. What quote inspires you?
“And so on.” It’s a reoccurring saying in a lot of Kurt Vonnegut’s novels that diminishes the impact of the events in the story to remind the reader that life will still continue regardless of the situation. He has a lot of good quotes honestly, and he has to be my favorite author.
4. What is your least and favorite blogging post and why?
I really hate pointless listicles with a bunch of GIFs or memes. Like “Ten ways you can tell you’re a freshman in college” or “five things only people who like to breathe can relate to.” Like no shit, why is this even a post?
I like informative or emotional posts. If I can learn something either factual or spiritually, it was a good post.
5. How do you promote your blog?
I really lack in the promoting area, but I use Twitter the most. Then Instagram and Facebook. I mainly just promote posts and haven’t really come up with a good plan to promote the blog and my online brand as much. I work full time and barely have time to write and take pictures of what I need for the posts, so promoting goes on the back burner.
6. Where is your favorite place to read?
In bed. I used to like to read outside, but I don’t have any chairs and the bugs in my backyard are relentless. Bed is cozy, warm. I can always lay or sit in all kinds of positions and I move a lot when I read.
7.What are some things you haven’t seen or read, but know everything about because of popular culture?
I have not seen the original Star Wars, but I know about it from pop culture. Um … I don’t really pay much attention to other things I’m not interested in.
8. How would someone describe your blogging style?
I don’t know really. Hopefully authentic.
9. What do you find most challenging about blogging about your topic?
I don’t have a niche, which makes writing a little difficult because I have so many things I could write about. I like to keep my options open because I am interested in a lot of things and this blog is for me. I am the brand.
10. What is the most ridiculous fact you know?
I know a lot of little things about everything … but ridiculous? As in, information I have no use for? I can’t think of anything of the top of my head. It comes to me when a situation arises …I’m THAT person.
11. In 40 years, what do you think people will be nostalgic for?
Physical human contact.
And the lucky winners are … just kidding. I just chose people who I liked and didn’t really look at follower counts or if you were nominated before. Okay, so here are the nominees:
Alright Bloggers, these are your questions:
- What is your favorite board game? Least favorite?
- If you could own a miniature version of any animal to keep as a pet, which would you pick
- What beauty product helps make you feel the most beautiful?
- What’s your lucky number?
- What are two of your favorite feature about yourself? (One physical one mental/personality).
- What is the one thing you always say during the get-to-know-the-class icebreakers? (When the teacher says, say your name and one fact about yourself).
- Can you play any sports? Are there any sports you wish you could play?
- What is your favorite thing about blogging? Least favorite?
- Share your favorite photo that you have ever taken. Or you can link to it.
- Do you have a favorite pen brand? Or favorite pen type (ballpoint, thin, thick, etc.)?
- What is your favorite fall scent?
Don’t forget to check out each other’s blogs and maybe follow each other on social media. Happy blogging, everyone!